Fall Crafts: Indian Corn Button Craft


We really got into the craft mood this week (we did three fall crafts in one evening! Quite a feat since I am "craftily" challenged) This Indian corn button craft was one of them.

I found the idea at The Pinterested Parent - Button Indian Corn Craft. This was a really neat craft for my 3 and 8 year old girls.  It was super easy and quick to make. At first, I was putting the glue on the corn and having the girls put the buttons on. The next thing I knew, my 3 year old was putting drops of glue and buttons on by herself.

I showed them pictures on google of what Indian corn was and my 11 year old passed by and started asking questions about Indian corn -- did it grown naturally like that? Can you eat it? Well, I had no clue so I googled a came across a few helpful articles:
The directions for the craft can be found at The Pinterested Parent - Button Indian Corn Craft. You can really just look at it and make it on your own though. On her instructions she says to cut a corn and husk out of construction paper, but since drawing is not my area of expertise, I had to look for a corn template because my freehand is kind of pitiful. I found a corn and husk template here.

If you are looking for an easy craft and you've got extra buttons around, this is a fun one to try. You just need:


  • buttons of different colors
  • green construction paper
  • yellow construction paper
  • glue
  • scissors




If you are looking for more fall crafts, check out my Fall Crafts Pinterest Board: