Algebraic Expressions Graphic Organizer


Algebraic Expression: a mathematical phrase that contains variables, constants, and operations

Coefficient: a number multiplied by a variable

Variable: an unknown value represented by a letter or a value that varies

Operation: an action or procedure such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division

Constant: a value that stays the same (a standalone number)

Term: variables/constants separated by plus or minus signs


I adapted this graphic organizer from a foldable at the Equations Freak blog.  I love the foldable but my kids don't get so excited over them, so I just made something they could put in their notebooks. However, I generally have them cut out the graphic organizers and glue into their notebooks as I think it makes them stand out more.




 photo yellow-ruler_zpstf30f6qm.png